FREE FINANCIAL MENTORING HELP
Knowing how to manage your money is key.
We offer you tools and assistance to help you get on track, get out of debt ~ and stay that way!
- Free confidential, non-judgmental advice
- We listen to you
- Our financial mentors are trained volunteers who give their time to work with families and individuals in our community
- One on one mentoring of weekly/fortnightly household budgets and cashflows to families and individuals for one-off/crisis appointments as well as ongoing money management
- Our financial mentors work with you until you are able to manage your finances by yourself. This may be for one-off or long term
- Negotiation with creditors on your behalf
- Assistance with Debt Management
- Advocacy with Government Agencies
- Advice in Insolvency matters and assistance with Kiwi Saver Hardships, no asset procedures, bankruptcies
- Goal Setting
It is always more beneficial if we have the opportunity to work with our clients in the long term and support them as they work to become debt free. Our teams not only assist with mentoring and debt management, but advocacy, KiwiSaver hardships and insolvency too. While providing support and education to address debt, we help bring clarity and understanding around weekly financial planning. In journeying with our clients we aim to address the issues of poverty holistically, to help break the poverty cycle and empower the following generations. All you need to do is make an appointment!
Sound good? Got questions?
Get in touch!
What to bring to your appointment
- Your recent bank statements (if you receive them in hard copy)
- Any contracts, HPs, etc. that you have. (If you owe company money, then you will probably have a contract somewhere)
- If you are a Work and Income NZ client, then bring a breakdown of your benefit entitlements or for wage earners details of your income eg pay slips
- Any other details that relate to your financial affairs.
How to make an appointment: Simply phone us on 379 2329 or email: email@example.com
New Brighton Campus Hours: Monday to Friday: 9 am – 5 pm
City Campus Hours: Wednesday: 9 am – 5 pm
Money Mates Course
Whether you are single, have a partner or have 5 children, 3 cats and a dog – If you want to learn how to successfully come up with and stick to a budget as well as get on top of any debt, come and join one of our Money Mates short courses. They’re fun, free and aimed at teaching you practical steps to take charge of your finances and plan for the future.